Pages

Saturday, February 19, 2011

A Warm February Day

I kept a close eye on the weather forecast this week, and was more than pleased when our temperatures reached the 60+ degree mark.  By Wednesday, my mind was firmly set on requesting a vacation day on Friday.  Thankfully, my request was granted, and when I stepped outside at 8:20 a.m. on Friday, it was a balmy 65 degrees outside, and it eventually reached the 70 mark in the afternoon!!  Ahhh, February perfection!  I know it won't last, but it does offer a glimmer of hope for warmer springtime days that are ahead.  I went outside a few times with the dogs to capture their enthusiasm on video.  Even our senior-girl Roxie had some spring in her step!  Here's wishing all of you a lovely, springy weekend.


We want to wish Zoe's BFF, Miss Sasha, a speedy recovery.  She's at home resting her leg after "surgermy," but I hope Zoe and Sasha are back to their silly adventures together in no time!!  


We're excited to participate in this week's Saturday Pet Blogger Hop!  Thanks, as always, to the Hop hosts, Life With DogsTwo Little Cavaliers, and Confessions of the Plume.  Happy hopping, and happy weekend too!



15 comments:

  1. LOL! Loved the video! I think this is what it looks like when dogs get cabin fever and need to get out and stretch those legs! Really adorable.

    BTW - I think we have different definitions of "balmy" we made it to 52 degrees here this week (two days in a row) and "balmy" was definitely the word I heard most often. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch!!! I can't watch the video but I guess it must be a terrific one from the comment given by Melf.
    So glad that you'd some nice warm weather after all those snowy days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We almost reached 60 on Thursday. All the snow melted and the sun was out!

    Enjoy the spring weather!

    Your pal, Pip

    ReplyDelete
  4. Zoomie fun!! They looked like they were enjoying that warm almost-spring day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful dogs! Glad to meet a fellow Virginian on my first blog hop. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We were in the 50's a couple of days this week, but today it's back to 31! Blech.

    Nubbin wiggles,
    Oskar

    ReplyDelete
  7. miss kristin,

    i love miss roxie's bunny hops! teehee! :)
    we are havin' super way nice weather at my house, too! it was in the 70s friday and today. woohoo!
    enjoy your pretty weather!

    *woof*
    the booker man

    pee s -- pretty please don't get full of the stresses over visitin' my bloggie! come by whenevarrr! i know you are super duper busy like! besides, you are nowhere near as bad as my mama. BOL! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, 70 degrees! No wonder everyone in your video looked SO happy! I'm glad you had such fun and such sprinting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello i found your beautiful blog!!!!and i follow you, come to my blog and follow me too.

    Chicco

    ReplyDelete
  10. They are beautiful especially when they are in their glory running and playing! Great video - I'm a little jealous. We're still too icy here to let the Sibes run on their "play side." Can't wait for some melting (and then drying) so they can get their zoomies in! Glad you enjoyed your sunny vacation day! Looks like your furbabies did too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mmm lovely weather. And lovely dogs! I am so envious. Please give us a woof at http://www.naturalk9supplies.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love watching them zoom around!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love to see Roxy bounce!! Too much fun seeing the little Wippets run a muck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh! So hot. Hey saw this video, so interesting as they enjoy all together int his winter season.

    ReplyDelete

Please tell us what you think. Thanks for visiting!