Today, I received notice that the lovable Huskies over at FibeSibes have selected Dogs Rock to receive a Stylish Blogger Award. I'm excited to say that this is Dogs Rock's first award, and it's a thrilling way to begin the new year! Thank you FiveSibes for recognizing Dogs Rock!! We like your style too! As a recipient, I was given instruction to select blogs worthy of Stylish Blogger Awards, and to share some fun and interesting facts about myself:
- I've always had a strong love of nature and all animals. When I was a child, I wanted to be a veterinarian when I grew up. As a teenager, I took a job at an animal hospital, where I worked for eight years, throughout high school and college. I quickly learned that I didn't quite have the stomach for veterinarian medicine, particularly the surgical and trauma aspects. Some of this improved with time, but my career path took another direction.
- I fell in love with the first greyhound I met. His name was Swanky Force, and his "hu-mom" was a client at the animal hospital where I worked. I was struck by his quiet, calm nature and soulful eyes. I knew that one day I would adopt a greyhound. Roxie, now 11 years old, came from a racetrack in West Virginia, and was adopted through Star City Greyhounds.
- I LOVE following sports!! Favorites include college football (Virginia Tech Hokies,) Major League Baseball (New York Yankees,) and Pro Tennis (Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal!!)
- I'm a very observant/visual person and love photography. My dad had a nice Minolta camera when I was little, but I started with a Polaroid. He taught me at a young age to pay attention to my surroundings and backgrounds when taking photographs, and I still do that today.
- I am horribly afraid of spiders. If I walk through a spider web, I have a complete "freakout," as I'm sure that somewhere on my body crawls the spider. Shudder at the thought! I hate the way they move, and they have way too many legs. I would much rather encounter a snake, or so I think.
- I love listening to music, and it's part of the inspiration for the name of this blog. My favorite radio station is Alt Nation on SIRIUS Satellite Radio. In addition to alternative rock, I like classic rock, acoustic music, blues and classical.
- Dogs Rock is a creative outlet for sharing photos and thoughts. I've enjoyed meeting fellow animal lovers, and their pets. Animal blogland, as I call it, is a truly special community filled with creative people, fun-loving animals and great photographers. I already have a blog or two in mind as deserving the Stylish Blogger Award, and hope they appreciate it as much as I do.
Thanks again to FiveSibes and their "Hu-mom" for the Stylish Blogger Award, and for starting our year off right! Here's wishing everyone a rockin' new year!!